Here at G Squared Surveying, we have the following opportunities:
Graduate Building Surveyor
G Squared Surveying is looking for a Graduate Building Surveyor, could this be you?
We are a small, but fast-growing building consultancy based in South Wales. We work in a number of different areas to keep things interesting ranging from Residential/Commercial Surveys, Party Wall, Project Management and Design Services.
We are growing from strength to strength with a healthy, active, pipeline of work and are looking to expand our team.
Who are we looking for?
Our ethos really is about looking for the right person, someone who is self-driven and motivated, with an eagerness to learn and grow in, and with, the company.
- A degree in building surveying or similar
- Excellent organisational skills
- A willingness to learn and continuously develop skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to take own initiative to solve problems
- Enthusiasm for client care and a desire to exceed expectations
- Full, clean driving licence with own means of transport
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office packages
- Proficiency in CAD, although this is something we will also teach you
What to expect from the role
Our workload is varied, we work with clients in many different sectors which means you’ll get to work on all aspects of this diverse range of projects.
Our range of services mean that you will be provided with the unique opportunity that working within a small company gives you to have an excellent understanding of all aspects of building surveying and a solid foundation to build upon through your career within the company.
As an idea, duties will include (but not limited to):
- Undertaking measured surveys
- Party wall services
- Preparation of CAD drawings, floor plans, elevations and section details
- Defect investigation, analysis and repair advice
- Schedules of condition
- Schedules of Dilapidations
- Residential surveys
- Contract administration
- Project management services
Why Join us?
As a small, young company we like to keep things simple. We understand the importance of a really good work life balance with flexible and home working and travel generally limited to the South Wales area.
We want to provide you with the means and opportunity to progress and make a real difference as part of a growing team. We believe in being open and encourage you to be vocal with any ideas or suggestions you may have about processes or improvements.
We provide full on the job training with a unique experience of working within a small friendly team ranging from graduates to directors, where you will be fully involved with projects and clients from day one.
- 26 days annual leave
- 1 to 1 APC training with company director
- Highly competitive salary
- Annual salary review
- Annual bonus
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Company pension contribution
If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you. Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org