Party Wall Surveyor
G Squared Surveying Ltd provides expert advice for all party wall matters. We use our diverse range of experience to help you navigate the Party Wall Etc. Act 1996 (the “Act”) and prevent unnecessary delays.
Works to existing structures, walls, ceilings and floors that are shared with another property are often notifiable under the Act. Excavating or building close to another property can also trigger the Act.
Incorrect service of the required notices or failing to identify works that fall within the scope of the Act can incur significant delay and cost to a project. It is therefore essential that the correct expert advice is sought at an early stage.
G Squared Surveying Ltd provides the following services:
For Building Owners
- Identification of neighbouring property and the extent of works that fall within the scope of the Act.
- Preparation and service of party wall notices.
- Preparation of schedules of condition to prevent claims against you for pre-existing damage.
- Preparation of party wall awards.
- Negotiation with the adjoining owners surveyor throughout the process.
For Adjoining Owners
- Provision of advice in relation to your rights under the Party Wall Act.
- Negotiation with the building owner’s surveyor to agree and conclude the party wall award.
- Ensure appropriate measures are in place to minimise risk of damage to your property.
- Monitoring of the works to ensure compliance with the party wall award.